Tuesday, November 16, 2010

SEEING RED

She's here! The poet's best friend, Autumn! She's dancing on a real cool wind. She leaps, ripping open her notebook!--The pages fly! Her red skirt flutters. It flies, she flies! I want my words to fly, the way I want my fatigue and my anger and my vhronic illness to fly!-- Away!, away away! I want the poet Shelley to fly on the West Wind and help me out! But, he's dead, and so are the other Romantics . (Except me, of course. I wanted to write an article and call it Seeing Red.(!) I wanted to tell everyone to see RON ANDERSON'S wonderful show at KIACA. This masterful CCAD instructor has created marvelous large paintings of contemporary "ladies of the night" in gold and deep red . Yes, they are decorative, "Period," and illustrative, --Yet, they are evidence of Anderson's control over his media, and they are very, very good.
The old/new Masters hang out at KIACA Gallery, and one of them is the Maestro himself, TALLE BAMAZE, who hales from Togo Land and New York!. Can Bamaze paint? Can red leaves fly?
MORE AUTUMN MAGIC IS BLOWIN ON THE WIND:
Memories, red leaves, red dance skirts. . . RED LIGHT, RED LETTER. DANCES OF REDEMPTION This choreography by MARIAH LAYNE FRENCH smouldered at COLUMBUS DANCE THEATRE 592 East Main Street during August,2010. The subject was not roses, but prostitution and kidnapping, and the settings --which are universal, included Col
lumbus, Ohio, and police reports and news items.-- The choreography is convincing, yes, "engaged" and was beautifully danced. It (the choreography)concerns the CRIME of prostitution. It includes the spoken and printed word and appropriate sound effects.